If you are in he mood to do something else than just enjoy Wasini island life or relax in your lodge watching the wonders of nature unfold around you, then one of the tours listed below could be the right choice for you.
Please consider the tours presented as examples; all excursions and trips can be adapted to your special requirements.
- Wasini Village Tour including a visit to the Coral Garden and its boardwalk (more details on this community project can be found under “Wasini Conservation Projects”), the local football club, communal cisterns, mosque, dispensary, primary school and the madrassa. (1/2-day tour)
- Dolphin and snorkeling tour to the Kisite Mpunguti Marine National Park – please go to “Wasini Dolphin & Snorkeling Tours” on this website.
- Dhow sailing tour in the vicinity of Wasini Island (tours from 1.5 hrs and KSH 1,800 pp) with the possibility of snorkeling in Wasini’s Marine Conservation Area (for more details on this community project go to “Community Conservation Projects”) .
- Trekking tour across the island to its southern coast, past palm plantations and the tiny fishermen’s village “Nymamaji”. Great views of the open sea and Mpunguti Islands. (1/2-day tour)
- Trekking tour to the larger fishermen village “Mkwiro” on the east coast of the island (full day tour with optional packed lunch or buffet lunch at a dive base in Mkwiro).
- Dhow sailing tour from Wasini to Vanga near the Tanzanian border (full day tour incl. delicious homemade Swahili lunch)
- Boat tour from Wasini to Funzi Island (full day tour including packed lunch)
- Fishing trip near Wasini: bottom-fishing & inshore-trawling – fun for everyone. Two fishermen will teach you the ropes. (from KSH 2900 pp for a 1/2 day tour)
- Deep sea fishing / trophy fishing in the Pemba Channel with experts from a well-renowned fishing club ($ 600 for 6 hours all inclusive).
- Visit of the Slave Cave in Shimoni and an instructive nature walk through the indigenous forest where you also have good chances to spot troops of the endangered Angolan black and white colobus monkey. (1/2 day tour)
Local guide (English/Swahili): ½ day 850 KSH / Full day 1,600 KSH
Local guide (French/German/Italian/Arabic/Dutch/Polish): ½ day 1,300 KSH / Full day 2,500 KSH
Homemade Swahili lunch 460 KSH per person / packed lunch 320 KSH pp / buffet lunch 950 KSH pp
Rates Boat Cruises:
depending on number of participants and season – on request.
Fees for Community(¹)/Welfare(²)/Conservation Projects (³) (per adult non-resident):
Coral Garden (¹,³) KSH 300,00
Marine Conservation Area (¹,², ³) KSH 400,00
Shimoni Slave Caves (¹,³) KSH 400,00