Mpunguti Lodge & Restaurant started off with just a restaurant in the 70ies when the Marine National Park was gazetted and the first tourists arrived in larger numbers on the island. Shortly afterwards, the first lodging house was built – and several more were added over the years.
Today, the lodge comprises:
- 10 self-contained rooms. 3 of them have a big point of view of the sea and Wasini bay!
- 18 rooms with shared external toilets/showers
- 1 sea-front restaurant (more than 100 people capacity)
- 1 conference hall for meetings (we already welcomed groups from German universities…)
- 1 souvenir shop
- 3 umbrellas to have a drink
Please note that :
– Wasini island is not connected to the power grid. In the evening, a generator provides electricity.
– There is no running water. Our fresh water comes from water tanks
PRICES (as of April 2012)
Room self contained per person per night meals excluded: on request
Room with common bathroom + toilet per person per night meals excluded: on request
Bookings for Mpunguti Lodge are only handled by the lodge’s management: firstname.lastname@example.org.