WASINI YOUTH NATURE CLUB
A G E N D A
Besides our ongoing projects which are listed further below, we had an exciting workshop in our calendar.
Photographic Workshop with professional photographer DANIEL GASTALDI born in Argentina.
Daniel, a professional documentary photographer, explored with the young Club members Wasini’s environment and offered them the chance to get in touch with this artists’ tool to capture life. It was a passionate and most creative time for the professional photographer and his pupils alike, and the result of their excursions will be displayed here soon!
GENERAL CLUB AGENDA
1. Project “Takataka” (start 05.05.2015 – ongoing, 57 participants 6–15 years old) – from November 2015 ongoing with 120 participants
Education regarding the destruction of the environment through uncontrolled waste disposal (on land and in the sea)
• Activity: weekly -> household waste collection from the participating member’s own household. After the successful completion of the first phase: addition of 1 further household from the direct neighborhood (if possible a childless one).
• Activity: bi-monthly -> joint cleaning of beach & village squares
2. Project “Maisha” (in planning phase)
Education regarding wild life degradation through habitat loss and human-wild life conflict
• Activity: bi-monthly -> patrolling of the island’s wild bush/forest areas (monitoring habitat health, possible destruction, pollution through waste, snares/traps), identifying plants & animals, identifying areas suitable for saplings, collection of any waste material encountered.
• Activity: creation and maintenance of a tree nursery (March-mid May 2016)
• Activity: planting out of saplings (Mid April/May 2016)